The Pink Cloud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pink Cloud

12 Steppers forums

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» Today Just for Today when does that start this evening 6 hours in
The Four Agreements EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 8:58 pm by darrenb40

» Can't get on/in so thought I drop by HERE...
The Four Agreements EmptyTue May 18, 2010 5:39 pm by Sunflower

» 12 step radio?
The Four Agreements EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 5:01 pm by barrabus

» I love you Pink....
The Four Agreements EmptyThu May 21, 2009 3:17 am by wyserheart214

» Packing my suitcase
The Four Agreements EmptyMon May 18, 2009 10:20 pm by Baydon

» The Four Agreements
The Four Agreements EmptySun May 17, 2009 8:16 pm by pinkcloudtracy

» Critical error....
The Four Agreements EmptySun May 17, 2009 2:22 pm by wyserheart214

» Dad and I are singing a duet in church tomorrow .. cool huh!
The Four Agreements EmptySat May 16, 2009 10:23 pm by Vivianne

» hello family
The Four Agreements EmptySat May 16, 2009 9:53 pm by Vivianne

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Four Agreements

Go down 
+2
barrabus
Sunflower
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sunflower

Sunflower

The Four Agreements Empty
PostSubject: The Four Agreements   The Four Agreements EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 1:49 pm

pathead ahum... I just now saw that the chit-chat forum on the other side/site needs (?) to go about recovery....
I am not always using it for what it's suppose to be think

So.... glad we got this back-up and I thought... I post it here...

Just looking for some info (if available)...

Wanted to give myself a Christmans gift (well...just wanne give myself something and think Christmas is a good 'excuse'....)
I am curious about the book The Four Agreements and was just wondering if anyone red this book? And if so....what do you think about it??
Think I gonna order it anyway but.... still would like to know.

That was it....
headspin

done
Back to top Go down
barrabus

PostSubject: Re: The Four Agreements   The Four Agreements EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 11:11 am

I couldn't answer that so I went and bought it ... (like I really have time...)... I've got at least twenty books that I really want to read but haven't had the time... that one looks really interesting (4 Agreements) ... thanks 4 the lead... now I may need book buyers annonymous... I've been buying books compulsively ever since I sobered up... I'm sure the number of unread books greatly exceeds twenty, now that I think about it... I'm afraid to count... I do read a daily reading every morning from "Around the Year With Emmit Fox"... the last paragraph of this morning's reading really got me , it said...

"You will never demonstrate or progress on mere theories that you have not put to the test. You will never demonstrate or grow spiritually on what is in a textbook or a lecture untill you have begun to put such knowledge into practice. It is far better to have a thimbleful of spiritual knowledge and use it than to have a whole mountain of correct spiritual doctrine most of which you have never made work."

That one got me cause I've read so many good books about how I could improve my life and still don't do 90 percent of the things I read... What I like about the Four agreements so far is is appears to be simple and to the point... not real complicated... hopefully I'll get to read it more...
Back to top Go down
Sunflower

Sunflower

PostSubject: Re: The Four Agreements   The Four Agreements EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 8:03 pm

lol! you make laugh.... 'so I went and bought it'....

Well... this afternoon I wanted to buy it but &*%$#@ they have to order it.
I didn't stamp with my foots (wanted... but didn't) and calmly asked if they
could order it for me.

Takes 5 days but with the holidays and all it will be next year.
Again... I didn't stamp with my foots... yep... but didn't, and now I will wait.
Calm. As I am. bom
Back to top Go down
don

PostSubject: Way2grow   The Four Agreements EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 9:55 pm

lol!

Sunflower.ou are a funny lady. Keeping your foots on the ground is awesome and right action. We get every thing in the right time, eh... groupbounce
Back to top Go down
Sunflower

Sunflower

PostSubject: Re: The Four Agreements   The Four Agreements EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 5:10 am

Don my dear.... I'm happy to see you here... 'BUT' (and NO bullshit coming...)

I want to see you on the other board!!!!

www.12stepradio.com/community

Please don't make me get you there... I will not be funny then dancen

grabcloud
Back to top Go down
Baydon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Four Agreements   The Four Agreements EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 1:44 am

Good to see you are using this forum .. I apologize for not being here but I forget sometimes until 12SR is down.

I need to organize a chat session so we can meet here.
Back to top Go down
Sunflower

Sunflower

PostSubject: Re: The Four Agreements   The Four Agreements EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 4:24 pm

Hey Barrabus..... did you already get started on the book??

I'm reading.... Smile
Back to top Go down
barrabus

PostSubject: 4agreements   The Four Agreements EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 7:58 am

flowers

Last edited by barrabus on Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : none)
Back to top Go down
pinkcloudtracy
Admin
pinkcloudtracy

PostSubject: Re: The Four Agreements   The Four Agreements EmptyFri May 15, 2009 11:42 am

Sunflower, I don't know if you ever read "the Four Agreements" but it is my FAVORITE book! I have the CDs and listened to them in my car for years before getting into recovery. It was an awesome tool to be able to bring into the rooms. I recommend it highly and almost always require it from sponsees. It makes basic communication SO much more pleasant.

If you haven't gotten around to it... do so, you won't regret it.
exactly
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pinkcloudtracy
Sunflower

Sunflower

PostSubject: Re: The Four Agreements   The Four Agreements EmptyFri May 15, 2009 3:24 pm

YES... I've read it and iagree .... an awesome tool.

Well... I know I was thinking that at the time I read it.... maybe it's good to read it again, just to refresh my memory...

pathead
Back to top Go down
Vivianne

PostSubject: Re: The Four Agreements   The Four Agreements EmptySat May 16, 2009 10:20 pm

Hi Sunshine...
My son gave me that book and also The Mastery Of Love at lease seven\eight years ago. they sat on the self... I didn't read The Four Agreements yet ...

The one I picked up first was The Mastery Of Love... This book is really great (I think) I probably could have saved myself a lot of trouble by reading it sooner... I guess it wasn't for me then. I guess now is when I'm ready and open for it... probably was too far in denial before... smile

I'll be looking forward to reading the other book... hopefully it won't take me forever to find it.

I have so many good books that I plan to make use of... John had so much ... books material, etc. Now it time for me too stay busy... smile... Vivianne
Back to top Go down
barrabus

PostSubject: Re: The Four Agreements   The Four Agreements EmptySun May 17, 2009 1:43 am

I deleted my last post about four agreements... I liked the book what I read of it, but had to quit reading it because it was actually a trigger of sorts to my past... I will read it later, it kinda caught me off guard... I deleted my post because I didn't want anyone thinking I was talking negatively about the book, (the post was on the screen for at least a month) ...

I experimented with shamanism and seeking spiritual enlightenment with the help of hallucenigenic plants for years... I sometimes wonder if some of my experiences in the past were actual spiritual experiences or just hallucinations and figments of my imagination...

I'm not saying anything bad about the Four Agreements, only that a lot of the terminology was the same as some other books I'd studied in the past, the similarities were due to culture and similar upbringing of the authors etc... not the use of hallucigenic plants....

I often wonder how a Native American addict would deal with the use of peyote in a spiritual ceremony... would it be the same as an Christian not taking wine at communion ... I probably just answered my own question...

Anyway, I think I will give another try to reading the book now... it's around here somewhere...
Back to top Go down
pinkcloudtracy
Admin
pinkcloudtracy

PostSubject: Re: The Four Agreements   The Four Agreements EmptySun May 17, 2009 8:16 pm

Hey Barrabus, I suggest to people like you, and many Christians to just skip the beginning entirely.
just start on the page "The First Agreement". All the "dream" stuff is just at the start.
But the actual descriptions in the 4 agreements themselves are priceless.
Please don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Interestingly Don Miguel was raised Catholic and loves Jesus. He is just very open minded
and an awesome story teller.

I LOVE HIM
sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pinkcloudtracy
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Four Agreements   The Four Agreements Empty

Back to top Go down

The Four Agreements
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum